top of page

TIBCO Solutions page redesign 2020

Stakeholders: I collaborated with the web strategist, director of web, product marketing managers, as well as the demand generation team representing the industry solutions and accounts based marketing.


Problem: Our information architecture strategy upon design and launch of our website was structured around our products so the solutions pages took a back seat to the product pages. For ease and consistency, our solution pages paralleled the product templates' benefit and capability format. While that pattern and rigidity provided a consistent product experience and made the site launch and updates of product pages more efficient, the teams writing for solutions felt restricted.


Solution: When our overall marketing strategy shifted towards a customer and solution focus, we were able to revisit the structure of the solutions pages. I kicked off by asking the various stakeholders what their true goals were for the solutions pages, and how would we measure success/conversion.



Now we were in business. Form submits on the page in general went up 16%. The "contact us" on the solutions page (form on the bottom) went up 38%, and the bounce rate improved by 8.2%.

We interviewed the different departments involved to ask for their pain points in using the existing templates.


"Too static" "Too rigid" "Not enough module choice" "Ambiguous Call To Actions (CTAs)"


This feedback combined with the feedback that TIBCO received from leading industry analysts who also agreed that we were: "too product-focused," "complicated," and "lacking easy out-of-the-box solutions," drove our recommendations.


Together we all agreed that:

  1. We would take a more focused approach.

  2. We would answer the question of how TIBCO solved each solution.

  3. We would let content drive the design, and not vice versa.

  4. We would allow for flexible, but focused, CTAs.

  5. We would follow a flow for every page:

    • Problem

    • TIBCO Solution

    • Compelling reason to act

    • Validated success

    • Obvious CTA

To accommodate this flow, we would introduce new modules that would complement the new content:

  1. A shorter banner that would allow page content to rise higher up on the page

  2. Customer section with new customer cards showing statistics + industry

  3. Interactive tabs in both a vertical and horizontal format

  4. A CTA as a form, anchoring each page

To address the "static" complaint, we would introduce more animated hovers, parallax scroll effects (slide-ins), and click-to-reveal content types.


Once designs were approved, the web strategist determined the top 10 solutions pages with the most traffic and we A/B tested those against the existing pages. We noticed a light lift on our form fills, but not enough to declare a decisive winner. As a result, we allowed page owners who didn't want to change their formats to leave their pages in the existing layout.


But we didn't give up. The web strategist suggested we keep testing, and proposed applying the text on the banner directly, and bringing the CTA from the main form to the banner, as well as a secondary CTA that I placed as a ghost button to the left of the main CTA.


Now we were in business. Form submits on the page in general went up 16%. The "contact us" on the solutions page (form on the bottom) went up 38%, and the bounce rate improved by 8.2%.


19 views
bottom of page